- Decide what you want to learn
- Research on the topic using multiple sources.
- Collate all the interesting and useful information into one location
- Condense this information into a blog post/article(optional: publish it in a learning in public system - there might be errors in this)
- Create a plan to use this knowledge in a project
- Do a retrospective after using the knowledge and seeing results - What worked, what didn't work, what can be improved.
- Add these points to your article
- Use the knowledge in another project(ideally, in a different contexts) and do the last 3 steps. You might have to do it 3-4 times before you have a decent understanding of it.
This is a modified version of the Organizational Knowledge Management process. This process is more geared for Personal Knowledge Management and skill building.