GTD/Getting Things Done is a time management system that works on the principle of getting information from your mind to an outside system. It follows this workflow...
- Capture: Write down every task that has your attention into a app/book.
- Process: Decide the next action to take for this task to be done. If you can't do that, can it be trashed? Or put on hold?
- Organize: Have a system to remind you of tasks in the correct context. Eg. all emailing tasks should show up when you open your email inbox.
- Reflect: Review the system and repeat.
- Do: Work on the important things that came out in step 2 - one at a time.