How to learn anything faster
- Sharpen the Ax: Do some study on what is the best way to learn that specific skill - rather than just starting to learn it.
- Use hacks to optimize focus: Things like Pomodoro or 2 Minute rule.
- Find opportunities for immersion: Work in contexts that requires you to use the skill.
- Find the weak links: Understand the specific areas you are weak at - and find a way to drill them in.
- Test yourself/Active Recall: We don't learn by putting knowledge into our mind - we learn when we try to take out knowledge from our mind.
- Get feedback: But find what type of feedback you need at what point - positive feedback will be better in the beginning. But once you get decent, find tight feedback loops - get feedback often.
- Over-learning: Learn it in more depth than necessary. Understand the why.
- Spaced Repetition: Test yourself on the forgetting curve.
- Teach what your trying to learn: Document your process of learning and teach it to others. This will solidify your learning.
There are other Process to Learn a new skill as well.