Vision statements focus on the goals and aspirations of the organization.
- Uplifting and inspiring
- Sets the direction
- Timeless: even if the organization changes its strategy, the vision will often stay the same.
Process of Creating
- Find the Human Value in Your Work
- How does your organization improve lives? How do you make the world a better place?
- Identify what you, your customers and other stakeholders value the most about how your organization will achieve this mission. Distill these into values.
- Combine your mission and values, and polish your words.
- It should be broad and timeless, and it should explain why the people in your organization do what they do.
Use these questions as prompts...
- Where do we want to be in the future?
- Where are we going?
- Why should we go there?
- What is winning?
- What do we want to achieve in the future?
- What kind of future society do we envision?
If you have a problem statement, the flip of it will be the vision. What would the world be like if the problem was solved?