Mission statements define your organization's purpose and its main objectives. This comes after the Vision Statement.
- Explain why you exist as a organization
- Make it Short, clear and powerful.
- Communicates to both internal and external audience
- Sets the direction of the organization
- Inspire people
Process of Creating
- Find the unique selling point(USP) of your organization.
- Clarify your goal - list the most important measures of success for your USP. What are its key performance indicators?
- Define what success looks like
- Combine your USP and success measures into a general, but measurable goal.
- Refine the words until you have a concise statement that expresses your ideas, measures and a desired result.
Use these questions as prompts...
- What do we do today?
- Who do we serve?
- What are we trying to accomplish?
- What impact do we want to achieve?
- How do we get to where we are going?
- Who is our main customer?