In Transactional Analysis, Drivers are a major type of counter-injunctions - "Messages on how to be a good boy/girl". People generally have upto two primary driver. This is a condition you hold if you want to consider yourself worthy. Eg. I'm worthy if I'm strong.
- Be Perfect "You are OK only if you get everything right"
- Be Strong "You are OK only if you hide your feelings and wants"
- Please Others "You are OK only if you please people"
- Try Hard "You are OK only if you keep trying hard to do things"
- Hurry Up "You are OK only if you get everything done right now."
You can get over this using "Allowers" - things you can tell yourself to get over the issues. Eg. "Its OK to express and ask for help."