In Transactional Analysis, Injunctions are negative restrictive messages given from child ego state of the parent and received by Child ego state of the child. This plays a role in creating the Life Script.
- Don't belong : When you join a group you feel you are an outsider
- Don't be a child : Can't relate to a child. Having fun can be seen as wrong.
- Don't exist : If you have had suicidal thoughts, wanted to disappear, not exist.
- Don't be you : Not fine with who you are - constantly compares yourself with others. Can happen if you were constantly compared
- Don't succeed : Find success coming very rarely. Or find it as a strange concept.
- Don't be important : Don't like to be in the spotlight. Won't speak up if it can be avoided.
- Don't be close : Find difficulty in intimacy and making close relationship.
- Don't be well : You will often fall sick. You got attention only when you are sick in childhood.
- Don't think : frequent spells of confusion and cloud in mind.
- Don't grow up : Will behave more child like than their age. You might look like a child a bit.
- Don't feel : Will not feel the feelings that they are supposed to feel.
- Don't : Stopping yourself from doing things. A hook to the game - an inauthentic invite