AAARRR Pirate Funnel
AAARRR(or A3R3-funnel) is a framework to split a marketing plan to parts and understand where to focus.
- Awareness: How many people do you reach?
- Acquisition: How many people visit your website?
- Activation: How many people take the first important step? (E.g. Sign-up, install an app or post their first comment)
- Retention: How many people come back for a second/third/tenth time?
- Revenue: How many people start paying? And how much do they pay?
- Referral: How many people refer friends to your business?
Growth Hacking using AAARRR Funnel
- Define the Steps: Look at your business and write down the most important steps people take, like signing-up, add an item to the basket
- Fill in the AAARRR-steps: Find the numbers for each step
- Find your bottleneck: Look at the percentage that survives the gap to the next AAARRR step
- Find the cause: Send out a survey or get out of the building to talk to your customers and interview them how they are experiencing this part of the customer journey.
- Pick your focus and OMTM(One Metric that Matters)