Stages of Awareness in Marketing
Your prospect/customer will be at 5 different stages with respect to their awareness about the problem, solution and products for your product area.
- Unaware - not aware they have a pain/problem. To market to this stage, add questions to get people to feel the problem.
- Problem Aware - They realize they have a problem, but not aware of any solutions yet. Copy needs to focus on the problem and build a desire for the solution - which is mentioned at the end.
- Solution Aware - They know that there are solutions to the issue and searching for a good product.
- Product Aware - Actively researching different products. Copy should have 'specificity'. Mention your features, price, benefits etc. You can include a competitor differentiation as well.
- Most Aware - Ready to buy, but needs a push. Copy should have a clear call to action.