Six Thinking Hats
This is a way to look at one decision from multiple different angles/perspectives.
- Yellow Hat/Positively: Think of the advantages of the decision, all the things that will work out.
- Green Hat/Creativity: Generate as many ideas without censoring or limiting yourself.
- White Hat/Rationality,Data: Look at related data, trends etc when thinking about the decision.
- Black Hat/Caution,Worst cases: Think of all things that can go wrong - what are the worst case scenarios.
- Red Hat/Emotions,Feelings: How do you feel about the decision? How will others react to it?
- Blue Hat/Process Control: When doing this activity as a group, you use this hat do do meta analysis of the activity - decide to move to another hat, etc.