A country that exists in a networked manner - places might be distributed all over the globe - but connected by internet and a shared national identity.
A network state is a highly aligned online community with a capacity for collective action that crowdfunds territory around the world and eventually gains diplomatic recognition from pre-existing states. A network state is a social network with a moral innovation, a sense of national consciousness, a recognized founder, a capacity for collective action, an in-person level of civility, an integrated cryptocurrency, a consensual government limited by a social smart contract, an archipelago of crowdfunded physical territories, a virtual capital, and an on-chain census that proves a large enough population, income, and real-estate footprint to attain a measure of diplomatic recognition.
Create a network state by...
- Found a startup society online
- Organize it to into a group capable of collective action
- Build trust offline and crypto-economy online
- Crowdfund physical apartments or even towns
- Digitally connect these communities to all others in the network state
- Have on-chain census
- Get diplomatic recognition