Helps in studying a system - identify relations and feedback loops.
How to create connection circles...
- Identify key elements of the system under study. It's a 'key' element if...
- It changing will be important for the system
- It can increase or decrease
- Is a noun(eg. Bug tickets)
- Write this around the circles - make sure its less than 10.
- Find all cause and effect relations...
- Elements that causes other elements to increase/decrease
- Draw a arrow between the two
- Mention increase/decrease using a +/- at the effect end.
- Find relations that are a closed loop - these are feedback loops.