Pavlovian conditioning can cause humans to unconsciously flinch from even thinking about a serious personal problem they have, we call it an "Ugh Field". The Ugh Field forms a self-shadowing blind spot covering an area desperately in need of optimization, imposing huge costs.
If a person receives constant negative conditioning via unhappy thoughts whenever their mind goes into a certain zone of thought, they will begin to develop a psychological flinch mechanism around the thought.
This can be a overdue task, painful email that requires a response, whatsapp message, etc.
- Happens to everyone, forgive yourself.
- Label it as Ugh Field rather than personalizing.
- See if you can do a smaller version of it. Eg. Replying to the email that you can't take that up.
- See if the importance you place on task is based on reality.
- See if needs to be done anymore.
- Hire/ask someone else to do it.
- If you have mental health issues, this will be a more prevalent issue. Try to fix the underling problems first.
- Learn the pattern of things becoming your Ugh Field.