Definition: A state or condition of being whole, complete, unbroken, unimpaired, sound, in perfect condition.
Integrity of your Word
- What you said you will do or not do and doing it on time.
- All expectations are a part of your word(expressed or un-expressed).
- Doing things the way they are meant to be done.
- What you say is so.
- What you stand for.
- Moral, Ethical and Legal Norms
Honoring your word
Keep your word OR
- Inform Everyone Concerned
- Clear up the mess
- Set up a future expectations.
Law of Integrity
- As integrity decline, work ability decline.
- As work ability decline, performance decline.
If something goes wrong, you declare a breakdown. If there is a breakdown, you start the honoring process.
When you break integrity with yourself, your promise changes to a thought you had
Veils of Invisibility
- Thinking Integrity is a virtue
- Self delusion
- Belief that you have reached integrity
- Don't view integrity as a factor of production
- Not doing cost-benefit analysis before giving your word.
- Doing cost-benefit analysis after you gave your word
- Thinking Integrity = keeping your word
- Not having a place or Occasion for your word
- Thinking integrity is work #1 and #4
Integrity of a system
- Integrity to the external world
- Integrity of its members
- Integrity between members.