Four Hour Work Week
- Interest and Energy will ebb and flow. Alternate better different tasks/projects to take advantage of this.
- Choose to do less
- The timing will never be right. Just do it.
- Seek forgiveness rather than permission.
- Build on your strengths rather than trying to strengthen your weakness.
- Money alone will not solve the problem
- Relative income is more important than absolute income. Gains in time might be more important than gains in money.
- Distress vs Eustress(Eustress is stepping out of the comfort zone - there is growth here)
Define your fears and define your dreams.
Mitigate fears. Its fear that stops us from trying things - we generally rather be unhappy than uncertain. You can mitigate it by using these questions when ever you stop yourself from doing something that scares you...
- What are you not doing because of fear
- What are you missing out by not doing it?
- Why aren't you doing it?
- What's the absolute worst case scenario?
- If the worst happens how can you fix it?
- What is the most likely outcome?
What makes us excited vs what makes us happy. Choose what excites you. Seeking happiness might lead you to complacency or boredom.
Framework to set ambitious goals...
- List 5 things...
- You want to have
- You want to do
- You want to be
- From the above 15, prioritize and choose top 4
- Figure out 3 action items for each
- Do the first action right now.
Eliminate things that are wasting your resources. Think along the following lines.
- Efficiency != Effectiveness
- Pareto Principle: 80% of the results comes from 20% of the effort - focus on finding the 20%.
- Parkinson's Law: Work expands to fill the time given to it - so only give it short time periods.
- Hire a virtual assistant
- Find a muse / lifestyle business / passive income.
Break free from things that force you to do things that you don't enjoy.