Flaws in Human Thinking
- Wishful thinking: Prioritize information that puts yourself in a good light - and ignore the distressing aspects.
- Conservatism: Difficulty in changing strongly held beliefs in light of new data.
- Conformism: Interpreting our knowledge based on how our community thinks.
- Binary / Black and White: Seeing things at either extremes. Good or bad, clever or dump. Similar to over-generalization.
- Mind Reading: People project their own thoughts, motivations, etc when trying to understand other's thinking.
- Individual Centric thinking: Attribute major events to the one visible leader. Eg. Hitler is responsible for WW2.
- False Causation/Co-relation linking: We are hard wired to make connections with small data sets. This is often wrong.